Guild NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cult Alliance Forum Index -> Site Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Rayvn Silverwind
POET Leader
Alliance Scholar

re: An inquiring Rayvn

Greetings Alliance!

I'm kind of wondering if we are still using the Alliance site for Alliance activities?   Are there still Alliance meetings?  Alliance requirements?  Or, is there actually still an Alliance?  Site activity would suggest not, but thought I'd ask anyway. 

*salute*

- Rayvn

Alliance Scribe

There really hasn't been any alliance in over 2 years now. I think some of us still check this site for old time's sake though. But frankly alliances don't really work in GW2, at least not in how ours worked in GW1. All it really did was keep guilds from having any good way to talk and game together in GW2 sadly.

- Sir B

photo signature-Q6WQV2LH.png
Lest we forget, remember The Searing.
My name is Sir Helvidius, descendant of Sir Beregond. I will see Ascalon liberated of the charr scourge.
Owl of (NICE)
Alliance Leader
Alliance Scholar

Agreed.  Unfortunately the site is really no longer used.  Most guilds folded and the few that remained joined our guild.  For the most part our activity takes place on our guild's Facebook page and the SoR Facebook page as well. 

Alliance Scholar

Hmm...What can we do with this site then?

Alliance Scribe

What do you mean?

My name is Sir Helvidius, descendant of Sir Beregond. I will see Ascalon liberated of the charr scourge.
Rayvn Silverwind
POET Leader
Alliance Scholar

Well, we have a perfectly good site here.  Surely we can use it for something?

Alliance Scribe

It would seem that we are doing that!
It is left active to provide a connection between the old and the new.
Others may venture back here to find exactly what they need to do to move on to GW2.

That was my hope.

*Cissy bows*

LEET Officer
Alliance Messenger

So, I thought I'd post here instead of creating a new topic, since it might get a bit more notice.

I didn't play this game for quite a while because my computer really could not handle it at more than a few fps. Now that I got a much better PC I've noticed I'm no longer in the Guild! I'm guessing I was dropped for inactivity, but for a while I was pretty worried it completely disappeared. I'd love to rejoin if possible. If anyone wants to get in contact with me in game I'm Gixugif.5706

Owl of (NICE)
Alliance Leader
Alliance Scholar

Good to see you back Greg!  At the time this site worked very well!  It did an excellent job.  While I still check back in from time to time and use our guild site for various contests, the need/popularity of forums is not the same anymore.  NICE now uses a survey monkey for our guild application and we frequently use our guild's Facebook page to post events and such.  Most of our population uses Facebook daily.  It is MUCH easier to reach our guildies from that. 

Alliance Scribe

Yep...really, this particular site has become deprecated. The NICE facebook page has become a great source for quick guild updates, news, event planning, funny posts/pics, etc. And more people are willing to use it, where as before, it was a fight to get people to sign up and check this site regularly.

Again, just want to reiterate. There is no alliance system in the game. There is no alliance chat in the game for cross guild communications. Alliances, as they worked in GW1, does NOT work in GW2. And I think Rayvn, with the path you have chosen, you will with time quickly discover that as well as the reality of how incredibly impossible it is to run a small guild in GW2. The game itself and how guilds work is fundamentally different than GW1.

And frankly, the number of representing, active NICE members, its really not any bigger than POET was in its hay day. Seriously...15-20 people maybe. I just want to put that out there.

I'm really against the idea of trying to revive a GW1-esque style of alliance. It doesn't work. How many times have we gamed together or even talked to each other since you've been back Rayvn? Maybe gamed once, talked a couple days? With the reality of no alliance chat, and no alliance system as a whole, unless you decide to start using Teamspeak, then this endeavor is folly  and ultimately extremely harmful to long term friendships and relationships within the game.

Sorry to be blunt. I am frustrated and I am wondering how you expect this to work. I go back to the fact that now old POETs now in NICE (because we had to), and returning POETs (some of whom long ago (years) abandoned any responsibility for trying to lead the guild but still pretended to be its leader, which ultimately contributed at least some part to its demise) trying to revive it, and how this is only leading to separation of friends within the game. You can't honestly tell me you don't see this.

- Sir B

Rayvn Silverwind
POET Leader
Alliance Scholar

Facebook is a popular avenue for people, isn't it?  That makes sense, and it is rather obvious that this site really gets limited use.  But, I saw that there are still Alliance guilds under the "Guild Alliance" link box, so I was curious.  I appreciate the clarification.  I've just always been a fan of forums in general.

And, Sir B, I honestly never thought that my return to being active would trigger so much anguish and frustration.  I hold NICE in very high regard.  Cissy, Owl, Ursa are people I highly respect.  My intention was never to alienate anyone by returning, but POET is where I feel the most comfortable.  POET is home to me. 

POET went dormant because I was away.  I've always been the main recruiter, and enjoyed the process, but no one else in POET really has, and I don't hold that against anyone.  People just have different niches.  Recruiting is one of mine.  That, and being a forum junkie.  There were long periods of time when people, including you, went inactive and for more than a year, though that was prior to GW2.  I've always been able to bring more activity to POET, because I enjoy recruiting. I enjoy the challenge and the creative process that is involved.

There are currently active people in POET, and we just got a new member this week.  I acknowledge that GW2 guilds can offer boosts and boons and offer certain guild challenges, and that larger guilds have the advantage in this area.  But, personally, that is all secondary to me, and others as well.  I'm also okay with not being in constant chat access with others, because I know they are just a whisper, email, or forum post away.  Plus, we have access to NICE events.  I've participated in the past, and plan to in the future.  I've logged over 250 hours in GW2 and my main char is level 80, and secondary in the 40's, so, while that is not an exhaustive experience by any means, I'm also not entirely naive about the GW2 universe or the community. 

Sir B, having the full weight of POET on your shoulders was never supposed to happen, and I truly am sorry about that. I am sorry you felt the pain of people you've grown close to losing contact with you and POET.  But, I am not sorry for my reasons for being away.  I understand your reasons, and others' reasons for joining NICE, and I hold nothing against that decision.  I would simply hope that you respect my reasons for returning, and being active in POET again.

*salute*

- Rayvn

Alliance Scribe

There are still people playing Guild Wars and the possibility of creating an active Guild is not an impossibility.
It would be "new" to the people committed to the game.

I wish you well Rayvn in whatever path you choose to walk.

*Cissy bows*

Alliance Leader
Alliance Scholar

I personally do not see this as a disappointment that you have returned.  I am quite happy that you have returned.  This however is an internal issue that I will leave to those of POET.  

However I will give my thoughts about why I play.  Like Rayvn, I greatly enjoy recruitment and putting the pieces together to make a tight knit group of friends and family.  I don't get on because of NICE.  I get on because I enjoy the company of our people.  If we didn't have the people we have, I probably wouldn't play nearly as much or at all.  Each night I look forward to relaxing with this great group of people.  We represent NICE, but without the people there would be nothing to represent.   I've seen such of a variety of friendships be created in a variety of different ways.  I've seen guildies that I've recruited meet in real life.  I've actually seen guildies that I've recruited form relationships.  I've seen many many other happenings as well.  Both as an officer and as leader of NICE.  It makes me step back and think; Wow!  This is so cool!  While this has all been incredibly amazing, if I had to start over again, I don't see myself doing so.  I completely understand the joy of forming something special though. 

I still recruit in this game.  However it is much harder with mega servers.  We've gained people from all the other servers but ours at times, and they have to end up leaving because they can't do everything with us.  I've recently changed my method to just get people from SoR.  It takes a lot of time.  Afterward, only those that truly making a connection with us stay and represent the majority of their time in game.  With that, the choice of how I play the game comes into play.  We have to keep the current members happy.   Thankfully I have an excellent group of co-leaders, officers, and members.  We haven't had any drama in a long long time.  When we do it is quick and rare.  

I wish you luck in creating this again Rayvn.   You and I both know it is a grand journey!  In GW2 the grand journey just takes some more elbow grease.  If you are willing to put in the time though, I am certain you can do it. 

In the end, it is the people that make me come back.  Enjoying their company on Teamspeak.  Joking around with them.  Gaming with them.  Whether it is NICE, MEAN, TRLL, POET, etc.  No matter the vessel.   I come back each night to game with Ursa, Feathers, Sir B, Christophe, Rayvn, Eivene, Omni, and everyone else.  Yes, we represent NICE.  That is the tag that we wear with a high regard.  It is always the people though that make the home.

Last edited by Owl of (NICE) on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alliance Scribe

Well said Owl!!

*Cissy bows*

POET Leader
Alliance Scholar

I appreciate your views and thoughts, Owl!  Thank you for your thorough perspective.  People, indeed, make this game more than a game. 

*bows*

Rayvn

P.S. POET is growing!  Two new members so far!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

TuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMonday
B'Day - Athena Flamel aka Will
HTML Widget

Last Forum Posts